Meridian PoC Evaluation Framework Follow
This document is intended to provide HPE Aruba account teams with an evaluation framework to support mobile engagement use cases. The following list comprises many of the "out of the box" use cases and success criteria. Not all use cases are expected to be used for every POC. Instead, HPE Aruba account teams should choose from the list below and then employ use cases where it makes sense.
Deployment Use Cases and Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully navigate from starting point to destination on same floor
- Ability to successfully navigate to a location on a different floor in the same building
- Ability to choose a wheelchair accessible route (if applicable)
- Location accuracy consistently at or better than 5 meters
- Latency of location updates is no more than 3 seconds
- Ability to locate a specific point of interest or department using app’s search features
- Ability to locate a specific point of interest by interacting with the map directly
- Ability to locate closest WC, exit, or other building amenity via the app’s interface
- Consistent user experience (functionality and performance) across Android and iOS mobile devices
Web-based Administrative Tools
- Ability to manage app content in real time (ex: Maps, Points of Interest, etc.) via a web-based, real-time content editor
- Ability to remotely monitor beacon battery life and configuration via a web browser
- Ability to change routes and maps via a web browser
- Ability to secure traffic to and from the Meridian Editor (Maps, Placemarks, etc.) via HTTPS and requiring a valid Meridian account
- Ability to secure Aruba Controller communication to Meridian Editor using HTTPS on port 443, and using TLS 1.2
- Option to secure Meridian APIs for a Customer account
- Tag location accuracy consistently at or better than 10 meters depending on AP density (See Asset Tracking Performance).
- Ability to locate and navigate to an asset
- Ability to add Tag labels, as well as utilize external ID fields
- Ability to leverage Meridian Asset Tracking API for advanced functionality
Typical Meridian PoC Action Items and Milestones:
Co-led by primary customer lead(s) and HPE Aruba account team. Remember to check our PoC Quick Start Guide for helpful articles on many of these activities. In addition, HPE Aruba account leads can reach out to a local Aruba Meridian Virtual Team member to request support.
Expected activities within first 30 days:
- Submission and creation of PoC floor plan(s) within Meridian (can be .pdf or various graphical formats such as .jpg)
- Add points of interest to map(s)
- Add routing to map(s)
- Deploy beacons (Aruba AP-embedded and/or battery-powered) in PoC test area
- Deploy Tags to the environment (is applicable)
- Use Aruba Meridian to quickly demo content or integrate the SDK into existing app.
- Set-up and test beacon management (if applicable)
- Customer testing, with support of HPE Aruba SE as needed
Expected activities from days 31 through 60:
- Formal user acceptance testing with select group
- Customer executive / decision maker demo and walk-through
- Purchase decision
Please sign in to leave a comment.