Aruba Beacons can be deployed using the Meridian Manager App.
Download the App from Apple App store.
Adding Beacons (Location Type)
Location Beacons are used for Indoor Wayfinding.
Complete these steps to deploy & configure a Beacon as Location Beacon.
- If the Beacon has a battery strip, it means the Beacon is turned off. Pull out the battery strip to turn on the Beacon. The Beacon will begin broadcasting a default UUID and Major/Minor pairs of 0/0.
- Open the Meridian Manager App and select Beacons mode from top of the screen.
- Tap on the + sign near the search window in the Search/List Panel. Select Bluetooth Scan. When the beacon is found, tap Select Beacon.
- Tap on the Beacon and then drag the beacon to the proper location on the map, then tap on Continue.
- Select type Location, enter the name for the Beacon and then tap Deploy.
Adding Beacons (Proximity Type)
Proximity Beacons are deployed to get trigger notifications when a Bluetooth enabled device comes in the proximity of it. Complete these steps to deploy & configure a Beacon as Proximity Beacon.
- Tap on the + sign near the search window in the Search/List Panel. When the Beacon is found, tap Select Beacon.
- Tap on the Beacon and then drag it to the proper location on map, then tap on Continue.
- Select Proximity, enter the name for the beacon, and select High power, then tap on Deploy.
- After the beacon is deployed, open the beacon details and verify that the Power setting is set properly.
Follow the steps below to delete/replace a Beacon:
- Select the required Beacon from the floor-plan or search for it from Search/List panel.
- On the Beacon details page, click on "Delete" to delete a Beacon. Click on "Replace" to replace a Beacon hardware.