March 11th 2020 - 5PM PST
- Rewrite of area zones microservice architecture to speed up area zone events to end users.
- Improvements to worker microservice to allow zones improvements and allow release of Go Tag Tracker.
- Improvements to legacy JS tag tracker reliability and monitoring.
- General logging and monitoring improvements across all services.
New Go Tag Tracker
- Changes from using Socket.IO to using plain websockets with JSON and gRPC for streaming connections.
- Subscriptions are setup at the time of connection, allowing an assortment and an array of request types, allowing you to mix and match to suit your particular watched subscription.
- Removed unsubscribe. When you subscribe you setup what you want. If you want to change your preferences, reconnect.
- Get All Assets no longer is part of a subscribe. You now can tell us exactly when you want to stream and when you want to grab all assets.
- Auto-generated Open API documents exist now at https://tags.meridianapps.com/docs/track for your regular REST endpoints.
- Smaller, more concise data model for Asset Updates.
- Asset Updates now also include Zone Events and Map Events as part of the model so you don't need a separate subscription open to hear about zone changes.
- Code is written in go with concurrency in mind to be more scalable and handle more simultaneous connections.