APB Beacon Reset
The recommended use case is when re-using previously auto-deployed Beacons in a new location.
The APB Beacon network reset will accomplish 2 major tasks;
1. Reset auto-deployed APB Beacons to their default BLE settings
2. Delete the beacon data from the Meridian data store
Steps to take;
- Configure BLE Reset URL to reset the APB values to default (Major/Minor "0")
- Configure AP Beacons using new Meridian location values
Configure BLE Reset URL
See BLE Management config docs on where to adjust BLE URL for your platform/rev. This can be done in the GUI & CLI.
- Change BLE Management URL to the BLE Reset URL
- This process can take up to an hour to complete automatically. When it is complete, all your APB's will clear their BLE values (Major/Minor will reset to "0")
- If you're on AOS/Instant 8.3.x+ code and using an IoT TransportProfile for beacons management, you can force an APB update in CLI by executing the following;
- AOS: ap ble-init-action ap-name <ap-name> send-update <IoT Profile Name>
- Instant: ble-init-action send-update <IoT Profile Name>
- Validate your APBs have reset their Major/Minor;
- AOS: In CLI; show ap debug ble-table <ap-name> all (Validate all nearby APBs a particular AP can hear. Look for Major/Minor and validate it is "0")
- Instant: From GUI in Support; run "AP BLE Table" on all APs (Validate all APBs have reset their Major/Minor to "0")
Re-Configure BLE Management URL
After your AP Beacons have been deleted from the old location, you will need to configure the proper ap system-profile or IoT TransportProfile with their new Beacons Management values.