This article covers the broad steps you’ll need to implement Campaigns. Campaigns are used to send Meridian-powered app notifications or to gather location-based analytics. Beacons used for Campaigns are configured as Proximity Beacons.
- A Meridian Campaigns subscription. (Go here to read more about Campaigns.)
- A Meridian floor with a map. (Go here to read more about Meridian maps.) Optional.
- A Meridian Editor account. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re having trouble accessing the Meridian Editor.)
- The Aruba Beacons app for deploying Aruba Beacons hardware. (Go here to download the iOS-only Aruba Beacons app.)
- Aruba Beacons hardware. (Go here to read more about Aruba Beacons hardware.)
- Aruba controller and access point (AP) hardware. Recommended. (Go here to read more about Aruba networking hardware.)
If you’re lacking one of the prerequisites, please contact Meridian for help.
1. Review Your Map in the Meridian Editor
Please note that Campaigns can be used without maps, also known as mapless Campaigns.
Once the Meridian maps team has created one or more of the maps for your location, make sure to review it in the Editor and set the map’s control points to ensure accurate routing.
- Read about how to Set the Map’s Scale and Orientation.
- Read about Mapless Campaigns.
- Watch a video on Creating Maps.
2. Locate Places Where You’d Like a Visitor to See a Notification
It’s good to think about where you’d like people to see app notifications. Heavily trafficked areas, such as entrances, often make good spots to place a Campaign.
3. Create Campaigns in the Meridian Editor or Aruba Beacons App
Use the Meridian Editor or the Aruba Beacons app to create Campaigns for your location.
- Read about Campaigns in the Editor.
- Read about Campaigns in the Beacons App.
- Read about Active Campaigns
- Read about Active Campaigns Deployment Best Practices.
4. Deploy Battery-powered Campaign Beacons
Use the Aruba Beacons app to deploy proximity Aruba Beacons to your location.
- Read about how to Get Started with the Aruba Beacons App.
- Read about how to Deploy a Proximity Beacon.
- Watch a video on Placing Beacons.
8. Test Campaigns with the Beacons App
Once you’ve deployed proximity Beacons to your location, you can use the Aruba Beacons app to optimize the effectiveness of your Location Beacons.
- Read about how to use the Beacons App Walkthrough Modes.