This article covers the broad steps you’ll need to get started making your white-label or SDK Meridian-powered iOS and Android apps.
Standard Meridian-powered apps have maps, placemarks, location-aware wayfinding, location-based Campaigns, Pages, and Events.
- A Meridian AppMaker subscription. (Go here to read more about AppMaker.)
- A Meridian Maps subscription. (Go here to read more about Meridian Maps.) Recommended.
- A Meridian floor with a map. (Go here to read more about Meridian maps.) Optional.
- A Meridian Editor account. (Email email@example.com if you’re having trouble accessing the Meridian Editor.)
- The Aruba Beacons app for deploying Aruba Beacons hardware. (Go here to download the iOS-only Aruba Beacons app.) Optional.
- Aruba Beacons hardware. (Go here to read more about Aruba Beacons hardware.) Recommended.
- Aruba controller and access point (AP) hardware. Recommended. (Go here to read more about Aruba networking hardware.)
- A Meridian Campaigns subscription. (Go here to read more about Campaigns.) Recommended.
If you’re lacking one of the prerequisites, please contact Meridian for help.
1. Get a Map
Contact the Meridian maps team to get started with your Meridian maps.
2. Add Placemarks
Once you’ve gotten floors with maps added to your Meridian location, add placemarks (or points of interest).
- Read the Placemarks Overview.
- Read about how to Add Placemarks to a Floor.
- Watch a video on Adding Placemarks.
3. Add Routing
Once you’ve added some placemarks to your floors, you can start drawing routes between them.
4. Add Campaigns
Use the Meridian Editor or the Aruba Beacons app to add Campaign notifications or analytics.
- Read about Campaigns in the Editor.
- Read about Campaigns in the Beacons App.
- Read about Active Campaigns
- Read about Active Campaigns Deployment Best Practices.
5. Deploy Beacons
Use the Aruba Beacons app to deploy location and proximity Aruba Beacons.
- Read about how to Get Started with the Aruba Beacons App.
- Read about how to Deploy a Location Beacon.
- Read about how to Deploy a Proximity Beacon.
- Watch a video on Placing Beacons.
6. Add Pages and Events
Use the Meridian Editor to add Pages and Events content for your Meridian-powered app.
7. White-label or SDK App
You can use the Meridian white-label service to create a standard Meridian-powered app or use the Meridian Android and iOS SDKs to create your own.