Authenticate to the API
The Meridian API uses token-based authentication, in addition to cookie-based session ID authentication.
Get a Token to Authenticate
Complete these steps to get a token to authenticate to the Meridian API.
You'll generate application tokens on the Locations list page. If you're looking at a specific location, click the Aruba Meridian logo in the top left corner to return to the Locations list page.
- Once you've logged in to the Editor, click the Application Tokens tab.
- Click Add +.
- In the NAME field, give the application token a meaningful name.
- Click Generate Token.
- In the Permission Type dropdown, choose either Organization or Location. If you select Organization, the token will provide access to all of the locations in that organization.
- In the new Organization/Location dropdown, browse or search for a specific organization or location.
- In the Level dropdown choose either Owner or Read-Only. Owner tokens provide read and write access.
- Click Save.
Use the Token
In order to use the token to authenticate to the Meridian API, include an Authorization header with the token value in every request.
Tokens don't expire, but they can be deleted. The easiest way to do this is on the Meridian Editor Permissions page on the Application Tokens tab.