Personal Data Breaches
This article describes the processes Meridian, Aruba, and Hewlett-Packard Enterprises (HPE) will take in the event of a personal data breach.
Personal Data Breach
Personal data is defined as personally identifiable information (PII) and includes the following:
- an identification number
- location data
- an online identifier
- one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
In the event of a data breach involving personal data, those affected will be notified within 72 hours.
What Will Be Communicated
In the event of a data breach, we will communicate the following:
- the specific information that was stolen
- the name and contact details of the data protection officer, and others, who are involved in investigating the breach
- the likely consequences of the data breach for the individuals affected by the breach
- the measures being taken to remedy the data breach