Active campaigns allow greater control over the distance at which a campaign is triggered.
Active Campaigns Overview
Active campaigns provide more granular control over when a campaign is triggered.
Original Meridian campaigns have been renamed Passive campaigns.
Active campaigns can be used for notifications and third-party endpoint campaigns.
Active campaign accuracy is somewhat dependent on the specific device being used.
Create an Active Campaign
Complete these steps to create a new Active Campaign.
Currently Active campaigns can only be created in the Meridian Editor.
Set Up the Active Campaign
- In the Meridian Editor sidebar, click CAMPAIGNS.
- Click the Add + button.
- In the Info box, campaigns are enabled by default. Uncheck ENABLE if you want the campaign off until later.
- In the NAME field, enter a descriptive, meaningful name for your campaign.
- Click the TYPE dropdown, and then click Active.
- Click the TRIGGER dropdown, and then click On Enter or On Exit.
- Click the CAMPAIGN TRIGGER DISTANCE dropdown and choose one of the distances.
- Click the COOLDOWN dropdown and choose how long you'd like to wait before triggering the campaign again for a specific device.
A Note on Active Campaign Trigger Distances
Active campaign distances range from approximately 0 meters ("Very Close") to 3 meters ("Very Far").
Determining which distance you'd like to use for an Active campaign may require a little bit of experimentation.
For more in-depth guidance on using Active campaigns, please read Active Campaigns Deployment Best Practices.
Select the Campaign Action
You'll have different options depending on what campaign action you choose.
- In the Action box, click the ACTION dropdown, and then choose the type of campaign action you'd like to use.
- If you chose Send device a message, see that section below.
- If you chose Notify a custom endpoint, see that section below.
Send Device a Message
- In the Type your message here field, enter the message you'd like to send for this campaign.
- In the LINK field, you can search for a Meridian Event, Page, or Placemark to add to your notification.
Notify a Custom Endpoint
- In the TARGET URL field, enter the URL for the endpoint you'd like to notify when a campaign is triggered.
- Click Test to send a test notification to the URL you've entered.
Schedule the Campaign
You can schedule a campaign to always trigger or to only trigger at specific times.
- In the Schedule box, the default BROADCAST schedule is Always.
- To choose a different schedule, click the BROADCAST dropdown, and then click Schedule.
- To enable a campaign for an entire 24 hours on a specific date, check ALL DAY.
- In the FROM field, choose the date and time you'd like the campaign to be enabled.
- In the TO field, choose the date and time you'd like the campaign to be disabled.
- In the REPEAT field, you can use natural language descriptions, such as "every Monday", to schedule a repeating campaign schedule.
Save the Campaign
Click Save to save your new campaign. You can make changes to it at any time.