The Permissions page lets you add new Location and Organization users. You can also generate application tokens.
The Organization/Location Hierarchy
An Organization always has one or more Locations.
A Location only ever has one Organization.
An Organization user has access to all of the Locations within that Organization.
A Location user only has access to that specific Location.
If you're a Location user, you won't be able to create Organization users.
User Permission Levels
Both Organization and Location users have two permission levels.
Owner allows complete read/write access to the Editor's content.
Read Only doesn't permit editing of any Editor content.
Create a New User
The user creation process is the same for Organizations and Locations.
Complete these steps to add a new user.
- On the Location List page, click the Users tab.
- On the Users tab, click Add +.
- In the User EMAIL field, enter a valid email address for the user you'd like to add.
- In the TYPE dropdown menu, choose whether the new user should have Organization or Location-level access.
- In the NAME search box, search for the Organization or Location name to which the user will have access, and then select it.
- In the LEVEL dropdown menu, choose the correct permission level for the user, Owner or Read-Only.
- Click the SAVE checkmark. An email with login instructions will be sent to the new user's email address.
If you're developing an iOS or Android app using the Meridian SDK, you'll need to generate an application token. Like users, application tokens have Owner or Read Only permission levels.
Complete these steps to generate a new token.
- On the Location List page, click the Application Tokens tab.
- On the Application Tokens tab, click Add +.
- In the NAME field, enter a descriptive name for your token.
- Click Generate Token. The token value is added to the TOKEN field.
- In the Permission TYPE dropdown menu, choose whether the token is for a Location or an Organization.
- In the LOCATION or ORGANIZATION search box, search for the Organization or Location name to which the user will have access, and then select it.
- In the LEVEL dropdown menu, choose the correct permission level for the app, Owner or Read-Only.
- Click Save.
On the Application Tokens tab, you can delete the application token at any time.