Beacons App Release Notes
The Beacons App release notes describe recent improvements, fixes, and new features for the Aruba Beacons app, the tool used to deploy and maintain Aruba Beacons hardware.
September 11, 2017 - 3.9.0
- New: A deployment grid will help you guide your Beacon deployment.
- New: Create and edit Campaigns in the app. NOTE: Campaigns no longer require maps.
- New: Support for new read-only user accounts.
July 31, 2017 - 3.8.0
- Improved: Invalid Beacon info fields are removed when upgrading firmware.
- Improved: Search shows different Beacon hardware icons.
- New: For Aruba Sensors, there's support for custom NTP servers. (Set this NTP server value in the Editor's Beacons Management settings.)
- New: Logs have been added for firmware upgrades.
July 10, 2017 - 3.7.0
- New: Support for SensorOS upgrading.
- Improved: Firmware upgrading process.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
April 18, 2017 - 3.6.0
- Fixed: Some Beacon hardware was somewhat mysteriously failing to configure. This should happen much less now.
March 28, 2017 - 3.5.1
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
March 8, 2017 - 3.5.0
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
February 1, 2017 - 3.4.0
- Improved: Better UI for the MAC auto-update feature.
- Improved: The app looks better on the iPad now.
- Improved: When using Battery Walkthrough, it will show scanned Beacon progress by floor, instead of for all Beacons.
- New: Location Walkthrough visualizes blue dot accuracy performance along a user-defined route.
December 13, 2016 - 3.3.0
- Improved: More reliable beacon setup and updating.
- Improved: More reliable firmware upgrading for LS-BT1.
- Improved: Simplified proximity beacon power slider has three settings: Low, Medium, and High.
- Improved: The Beacon Information screen has been streamlined for better readability.
- Improved: The Beacon placement setup screen is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Improved: Various visual and UI improvements.
- New: It's now possible to reset individual campaign notification cooldowns.
- New: On iPhone 7/7+, the Beacons app provides haptic feedback when placing or moving beacons.
- New: Search for specific beacons by name or MAC address.
- New: The Sensor Console. This will allow you to login to your Aruba Sensors for troubleshooting.
November 5, 2016 - 3.2.0
- Fixed: A 404 error was being shown when going to an observer's info page. Observers such as access points (AP) or Aruba Sensors (AS-100).
- Fixed: Changes would fail to save when modifying a Beacon from the Nearby Beacons drawer.
- Fixed: When the "No peripheral found" warning is shown, the power slider was disabled and the power level was wrong.
- Improved: Added support for the newest Aruba AP hardware models.
- Improved: Support for upcoming hardware.
- Improved: The Beacons app now uses the Meridian iOS SDK version 2.10.0.
- Improved: The maps API is being used more efficiently.
- Improved: Various, miscellaneous improvements.
- New Feature: Internal debug menu.
- New Feature: The Beacons app can now reset individual campaigns.
- New Feature: The Beacons app can now update individual Beacons to the latest firmware.
- New Feature: The Beacons app has a walkthrough mode that will update the Meridian Editor with any Beacons it hears.
- New: The Beacons app now shows the connection status of an Aruba Sensor (AS-100).
August 12, 2016 - 3.1.1
- Fixed: The Beacons app was timing out on maps with extremely large numbers of Beacons.
June 28, 2016 - 3.1.0
- Added: A prompt when replacing a Beacon.
- Added: When you get a campaign notification, you can now go directly to the campaign's details or reset campaign cooldowns.
- Fixed: Better loading when setting up sensors.
- Fixed: There were errors when getting Observer Details.
- Improved: Better Beacons hardware type handling.
- Improved: The app has a smaller file size.
- Improved: The Forgot Password screen has more meaningful errors.
- Improved: Various internal performance improvements.
- Improved: When you select a Beacon on a different map, that Beacon will be selected after the map loads.
May 17, 2016 - 3.0.2
- Fixed: Campaigns that failed to trigger couldn't be reset.
- Fixed: Configuring an Aruba Sensor sometimes led to a crash or other issues.
- Fixed: Duplicate Beacons were appearing in the Nearby Beacons list.
- Fixed: Errors related to scanning and deploying an Aruba Sensor.
- Fixed: If the initial map couldn't load, it kicked the user back to the login screen.
- Fixed: Minor UI bugs.
- Fixed: On the Campaigns tab, Internet was shown as "Disconnected" when it wasn't.
- Fixed: There were some issues with the Visible Layers filter.
- Fixed: USB Beacons were being misidentified as battery-powered.
- Fixed: Various issues related to generating and canceling a route.
- Fixed: Various issues related to replacing Beacons.
- Fixed: Various obscure crashing behaviors.
- Improved: Better messaging around what's happening when you deploy and configure an Aruba Sensor.
- Improved: Campaign notifications have a sound.
- Improved: Error messaging.
- Improved: In the Nearby Beacons list, the accuracy of the signal strength Wi-Fi icon.
- Improved: Inactive campaigns are highlighted in red.
- Improved: The Beacons app won't place an Aruba Sensor if the configuration fails.
- Improved: When you delete a Beacon, the Nearby Beacons list is refreshed.
November 6, 2015 - 3.0.1
- Fixed: An issue affecting location-only users.
- Fixed: If a location had many maps, it took a long time to get them.
- Fixed: Lots of minor UI bugs.
- Fixed: Several issues related to the login screen.
- Fixed: The 'Locate Me' button wasn't loading a user's current map.
- Fixed: The replace Beacon process got stuck.
- Fixed: There were various mismatches between Beacon app and Editor data.
- Fixed: Various crashing issues.
- Fixed: Various issues related to placing and editing Beacons.
- Fixed: When placing or updating a Proximity Beacon, power levels weren't being saved.
- Improved: Various minor improvements.
October 28, 2015 - 3.0.0
- Added: 1Password integration.
- Added: Campaign Diagnostics provide greater insight into your push notification campaigns.
- Added: More information about your Beacon hardware make them easier to manage and troubleshoot.
- Improved: Our Beacon deployment process has been streamlined.
- Improved: Our new visual design brings the Beacons app more inline with our other apps.
August 4, 2015 - 2.2.0
- Added: Beacon renaming.
- Added: Power level slider for placed Proximity Beacons.
- Fixed: Various minor bugs.
June 9, 2015 - 2.1.1
- Fixed: Device rotation bug.
- Improved: Default Beacon power levels.
May 22, 2015 - 2.1.0
- Fixed: Minor bugs.
- Improved: Handling of power level configuration.
May 6, 2015 - 2.0.0
- Added: Simplified workflow for configuring and adding Beacons to the map.
- Added: Adjust Proximity Beacon power levels.
- Improved: Visual design.
March 23, 2015 - 1.9.1
- Fixed: An issue preventing some iPads from connecting to Beacons.
- Fixed: Crash when no beacons were present.
- Fixed: Crash when switching maps while a Beacon was selected.
February 24, 2015 - 1.9.0
- Fixed: Campaign triggering and scanning.
- Fixed: Unreliable BLE connections.
- Improved: Beacon scanning is more reliable.
January 26, 2015 - 1.8.0
- Fixed: Crash when selecting a new map or organization.
- Fixed: Logout now works.
- Fixed: When a new organization is selected, Beacons will now attempt to find the first available map.
- Improved: Made power level values consistent.
January 19, 2015 - 1.7.0
- Added: Support for new Beacon firmware and power levels.
- Fixed: Replace Beacon workflow.