Android AppMaker Release Notes
The Android AppMaker release notes describe recent improvements, fixes, and new features for Android AppMaker, which includes White-label apps and AppViewer.
Includes White-Label and AppViewer.
January 31, 2018 - 4.0.0
Fixed: Various minor translation issues in different languages. New: A more modern look and feel. New: Dropped support for Android JellyBean. New: Dutch and Czech language support.
December 20, 2017 - 3.10.0
- Fixed: For directions, the Starting Location field was cut off at the top of the screen.
- Fixed: The blue dot compass cone wasn't visible on a small set of newer devices.
- Fixed: The slideshow thumbnails were misaligned. They're all straightened out now.
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
October 26, 2017 - 3.9.0
- Fixed: An issue where a user was being returned to the Featured Page instead of the Accout Login screen.
- Fixed: On Android Oreo, starting and stopping Location Sharing was taking a long time.
- Fixed: The envelope button was opening the Account screen, instead of the linked page.
- Other bug fixes.
October 10, 2017 - 3.8.0
- Fixed: A bug related to paginated requests.
- Fixed: The accessibility icon would appear in the wrong location.
- Fixed: The reorientation message would appear even when the compass was off.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
August 28, 2017 - 3.7.0
- Fixed: In Location Sharing, routes to user icons were being plotted incorrectly.
- Fixed: On the Nexus 5, uploaded guest profile images weren't showing.
- Fixed: Unpublished locations were incorrectly being shown in multi-location apps.
- Improved: The account profile name is now editable.
August 2, 2017 - 3.6.0
- Fixed: Missing external placemark links.
- Fixed: Search bugs related to Aruba Tags.
- Improved: AppViewer now uses HTTPS by default.
- Improved: Better messaging when a user tried to access an inaccessible location.
- Improved: Better password reset process.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
June 20, 2017 - 3.5.0
- Fixed: HTML tags were being shown in event descriptions when they're tied to a placemark.
- Fixed: The Account screen wasn't loading the correct account data.
- Fixed: The app was completely relaunching when tapping the app icon, instead of switching to it.
- Fixed: The app was showing all events happening in a location, instead of the selected one, as on iOS.
- Fixed: The app would close when tapping the Back button after loggin into an account.
- Fixed: The app would occasionally crash when accepting a Location Sharing invitation.
- Fixed: The Back button from the starting location screen wasn't working.
- Fixed: The Meridian Editor's app sharing link wasn't opening AppViewer.
- Fixed: The sharing notifications in the device notifications bar were remaining after deleting the location sharing profile.
- Fixed: The Tag detail page wasn't loading and caused the app to crash.
- Improved: Moved over to the new events API endpoint.
- Improved: The app has moved off of the old API page, placemark, and pages APIs.
May 31, 2017 - 3.4.0
- Fixed: A minor icon issue in an upcoming feature.
- Fixed: An issue involving search and an upcoming feature.
- Fixed: An issue involving the log-in page in the Aruba Campus app.
- Fixed: An issue preventing uploading of an account image.
- Fixed: AppViewer would sometimes crash on open after running in the background for several hours.
- Fixed: Changes to the Featured page weren't being updated in the app.
- Fixed: For an upcoming feature, tapping on the preview map wouldn't jump to the location on the map.
- Fixed: For an upcoming feature, the app would crash when showing a detail page and then reopening the app.
- Fixed: For maps with a blue dot, searches for a starting point weren't returning any results.
- Fixed: For some Android devices, it wasn't possible to upload an account image.
- Fixed: In some cases, an image wasn't being shown for an upcoming feature.
- Fixed: In the Aruba Campus app, in some cases it wasn't possible to create a Location Sharing invite.
- Fixed: Moving the app to new Meridian REST API endpoints.
- Fixed: Nearest results weren't being shown in search results.
- Fixed: On the detail page for an upcoming feature, the map fragment wasn't being shown.
- Fixed: On the detail page for an upcoming feature, the Show on Map and Directions to Here buttons weren't being shown.
- Fixed: Placemark images weren't loading.
- Fixed: Some Unicode characters weren't displaying correctly.
- Fixed: Tabbed View pages weren't being displayed on the Featured page.
- Fixed: Tapping the Back button after getting a search result would make the Search field non-responsive.
- Fixed: Tapping the magnifying glass would make the Search field inactive.
- Fixed: The Amenities screen was showing duplicate entries.
- Fixed: The app would crash when sharing a location, closing the app, and then reopening.
- Fixed: The building name and level weren't being shown on the the Placemark detail pages.
- Fixed: There were some strangely high distances between locations in the Aruba Campus app.
- Improved: Implementing search for an upcoming feature.
- Improved: Support for TalkBack/Accessibility.
April 20, 2017 - 3.3.0
- Fixed: "Directions to Here" is back.
- Fixed: A crash related to internal build distribution.
- Fixed: An isolated crash.
- Fixed: Not all of the events with identical names were being shown.
- Fixed: On the Account screen, Create an Account and Forgot Password didn't match iOS.
- Fixed: String wrapping in Korean language strings would cause truncation.
- Fixed: Support for upcoming internal admin changes.
- Fixed: There was an occasional crash when logging out.
- Fixed: There were a couple of strange responses when going to user account details after a user had logged in.
- Improved: Meridian-powered white-label apps now support Google Analytics.
- Improved: We no longer support FlightStats.
- Improved: We're hiding an upcoming feature until it's ready.
March 24, 2017 - 3.2.0
- Fixed: If the default map was invalid, it made it impossible to switch to other valid maps.
- Fixed: Miscellaneous app-specific issues.
- Fixed: On Placemark and Page detail screens, custom images were shifting left in full page layout.
- Fixed: Searching from the Featured page caused the back button to go missing.
- Fixed: Some Event text formatting wasn't being shown in the app.
- Fixed: System strings were being translated even for languages not enabled in the Meridian Editor.
- Fixed: The app crashed when tapping the back button after plotting a route.
- Fixed: The app sometimes got stuck with a loading dialog on the Location search screen.
- Fixed: The app would crash if you tapped the Location button while a map was loading.
- Fixed: The hamburger menu's highlighted currently selected item wasn't updating when the back button was tapped.
- Fixed: There was a bug related to manually advancing directions.
- Fixed: When a persistent error occurred, AppViewer could get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Improved: More closely matches iOS handling of user token persistence.
- Improved: The app will only show the Accounts tab if it's valid for it to be there.
- Improved: The Location button behavior is now customizable.
- Improved: When the routing compass is enabled, there are orientation alerts that will tell you if you're facing away from a route's direction.
February 23, 2017 - 3.1.0
- Fixed: A crash on open for a specific location's app.
- Fixed: Crashes related to login and logout for a specific location's app.
- Fixed: Event time zones weren't working quite right.
- Fixed: Links from app pages to other app pages weren't working.
- Fixed: Location Sharing profile images were being rotated 90 degrees if the picture had been taken in portrait view.
- Fixed: Updated some deprecated analytics infrastructure for the Meridian Editor Reports.
- Fixed: When receiving a Location Sharing invite, sharing wouldn't start until sharing was paused and then unpaused.
- Fixed: When there's an invalid default map, the app handles it better.
- Improved: Updated a minor permission required by Google.
- Improved: Updated all of AppViewer's libraries.
- Improved: We've simplified how Location Sharing displays offline users.
January 27, 2017 - 3.0.0
- Fixed: View on Map wasn't working for hidden placemarks.
- Fixed: A crash on launch for a specific white-label app.
- Fixed: A crashing issue.
- Fixed: Detail page links to other pages, placemarks, events in the app were showing as blank and wouldn't open.
- Fixed: Image+Text pages were updated to match iOS.
- Fixed: The app crashed when reopening after the device had idled for 10+ minutes.
- Fixed: The app would sometimes crash on closing and reopening.
- Fixed: The building name wasn't being shown.
- Fixed: The level picker can no longer be expanded while navigating.
- Fixed: The page wouldn't load if you went back from an event detail page.
- Fixed: The screen strobed black and white if AppViewer was opened with an internet connection.
- Fixed: The spinner was overlapping the directions UI when a route was plotted.
- Fixed: When a route was being plotted, the building and level weren't displayed.
- Fixed: While using Location Sharing, friend icons weren't being removed from the map in a timely matter after sharing was paused.
- Improved: "Directions to Here" been replaced with "View on Map".
- Improved: Android event pages match iOS more closely.
- Improved: Placemark icons use fill instead of stroke.
- Improved: The app will warn you if you're not on a Wi-Fi network.
- Improved: The Create Account page was updated to match iOS.
- Improved: When using Location Sharing, the map level picker shows the number of friends on each level.
January 5, 2017 - 2.6.1
- Fixed: View on Map wasn't showing hidden placemarks on the map.
- Fixed: Apps with the login on load barrier enabled would hang at the splash screen.
- Fixed: It wasn't possible to upload a profile pic after logging in.
- Fixed: Location sharing accounts weren't being created after logging in through the login on load.
- Fixed: Location sharing wasn't sending location updates, except for the initial location.
- Fixed: Long usernames weren't being truncated on the Friend list.
- Fixed: When a user paused location sharing, they weren't removed from the map or the Friend list.
- Improved: Location sharing profile pics can be deleted.
- Improved: Location sharing profile pics can be scaled and cropped.
December 14, 2016 - 2.6.0
- Fixed: After viewing a placemark, and then going to an overview map, the previously viewed placemark was rendering on the overview maps.
- Fixed: In 3rd party campaign endpoint responses, we now support the
- Fixed: In Korean, the string "OK" wasn't being translated.
- Fixed: Levels associated with placemarks with the
Leads to Mapvalue weren't opening when the level callout was tapped.
- Fixed: Manual routing text that had more than 50 characters was too small to read.
- Fixed: On Android 5.1, the My Current Location spinner wasn't visible due to tint not being supported.
- Fixed: Scrolling search results caused the text to change sizes.
- Fixed: Search results were displaying in different sizes depending on the string length.
- Fixed: Search results weren't always showing "nearest" placemarks.
- Fixed: Starting a route without a blue dot was causing the app to crash.
- Fixed: The app was crashing when a map was opened.
- Fixed: The hamburger menu Friends icon is now black, as it should be.
- Fixed: The View on Map feature wasn't working.
- Fixed: When searching for people with the same name, the app was treating those results like facilities, displaying the "Nearest" person.
- Improved: Android now matches iOS active routing functionality. The blue dot will remain centered and visible on the map.
- Improved: Better rerouting experience.
- Improved: Logo images display better on placemark detail pages.
- Improved: There's a warning when deleting Location Sharing profiles now.
- Improved: To match iOS, Android now shows 'View on Map' or 'Show on Map' UI on event, page, and placemark detail pages.
- Improved: We've removed the Friends icon from the top bar when the user is logged in.
- Improved: When tapping View on Map to show a placemark on the map, Android now matches iOS behavior and shows the placemark with the placemark info.
- New: Asynchronous placemark requests.
- New: The blue dot can be turned off after the routing starts.
November 7, 2016 - 2.5.0
- Fixed: Location sharing guest profiles were showing "null null" as the name.
- Fixed: Manual routing text wasn't showing.
- Fixed: On the HTC Desire 510, the "Learn More" link on the login screen wasn't visible.
- Fixed: The 3rd line of routing text was being cut off.
- Fixed: The blue dot was remaining active, even when "Allow Location" was unchecked.
- Fixed: The Featured page Frosted style is frosty again.
- Fixed: The map name dropdown arrow is aligned with the new level picker.
- Fixed: When creating a route without beacons, the app would sometimes crash.
- Improved: For languages like Chinese that start with the family (last) name, the app will swap the typical first name/last name order.
- Improved: Official support for Android 7.
- Improved: The app now makes sure that the application class is always properly initialized in memory. This was occasionally causing crashes.
- Improved: The Featured page template image is shown more clearly to match the style used on iOS.
- Improved: Updates to Google Play permissions.
- New: The Location Sharing profile images can be moved and scaled.
September 29, 2016 - 2.4.0
- Fixed: On re-opening the app, it was loading the last open location twice.
- Fixed: The overview map button and level picker were missing.
- Fixed: The phone number 'Call' modal had the title "Close". The title is now "Call".
- Improved: Prevent use of the 'Back' button on the List of Apps page.
- Updated: Meridian Android SDK 2.17.0.
September 22, 2016 - 2.3.1
- Fixed: Apps crashed when a Location Sharing friends icon was tapped.
September 20, 2016 - 2.3.0
- Fixed: After clicking a Share Location link, the app opened the Featured page rather than the Friends page.
- Fixed: Hosted web pages weren't fully rendering.
- Fixed: If a placemark detail page was opened, the placemark name replaced the map level picker "Maps" text.
- Fixed: If you opened a placemark detail page, and then tapped back before it finished loading, the app crashed.
- Fixed: It was possible to crash the app by creating a guest account with a single space in first name field.
- Fixed: On LG Nexus devices, tile image artifacts were appearing in the background image.
- Fixed: On tablets, square thumbnails were displayed as rectangles.
- Fixed: The Location Sharing profile image was very small. It's larger now.
- Fixed: Token expiration dates are tracked more proactively so that tokens can be refreshed automatically when they become invalid.
- Fixed: Various miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Fixed: When a link was opened on the Account screen, the app crashed.
- Improved: The map selector was moved to the top bar.
- Improved: The Meridian white-label apps have a blue dot compass tag so that it can be enabled/disabled.
- Improved: Updated map UI design.
- Improved: Visitor login use an authorization header instead of a URL parameter token.
- Improved: When opening AppViewer, it will open the last viewed location.
August 4, 2016 - 2.2.2
- Added: (SDK) Support for reading per map maximum zoom values from the Editor.
- Fixed: (SDK) In German, the routing distance value was incorrect.
- Fixed: (SDK) The map picker wasn't showing on overview maps.
- Fixed: (SDK) There was a BLE crashing issue on some Samsung devices.
- Fixed: (SDK) We updated the way we request start-from locations.
- Fixed: Deleted location sharing guest accounts weren't being deleted.
- Fixed: Event end times weren't shown.
- Fixed: If you created a Location Sharing account and then deleted it, you'd get stuck on the Location Sharing screen.
- Fixed: Navigation was broken for a small set of amenities placemarks.
- Fixed: On KitKat, a box was appearing around tapped navigation elements.
- Fixed: On KitKat, the login field styling was corrupted.
- Fixed: On tablets without telephony, the app was implying that you could make a phone call.
- Fixed: On the Account page, tapping the Inbox button repeatedly would open a new Account page on top of the Account page. Tapping the back button would go back to the original Account page, instead of the main Feature page.
- Fixed: On the Friends List, accepted friends weren't visible until scrolling the Friends List.
- Fixed: On the Friends List, friends weren't appearing after accepting an invite.
- Fixed: On the Friends List, the Pause/Resume button wasn't working.
- Fixed: Placemarks were rendering with a square outline.
- Fixed: Routing wouldn't begin when started from a placemark detail page with a map open. This would occasionally cause a crash.
- Fixed: Square image thumbnails were being shown as rectangles.
- Fixed: Tabbed pages were showing the name of the first tab, rather than the page's name.
- Fixed: Tapping the back arrow returned you to the default map. It now returns you to the map you were on, as it should.
- Fixed: Tapping the back button would sometimes cause a crash.
- Fixed: The app would crash if it didn't have a location sharing token.
- Fixed: There was some missing capitalization and punctuation.
- Fixed: Various minor translation issues.
- Fixed: We were presenting links inconsistently on Pages and Placemark detail screens. They're consistent now.
- Fixed: We were using American date formatting MMDD for other translations, instead of the more universally used DDMM.
- Fixed: When searching for events, the app only returned a single event, instead of all events matching the search term.
- Improved: (SDK) Better location accuracy messaging. If Bluetooth is turned off, it tells you to turn it on.
- Improved: (SDK) Diagnostics data now shows the current zoom level.
- Improved: (SDK) Routing advancement.
- Improved: (SDK) We now require that local search has a user location.
- Improved: Internal admin tools.
- New: (SDK) Support for an upcoming feature.
- New: Pulling down on the Page type "web page" refreshes the page.
- Updated: Translations.
May 11, 2016 - 2.2.1
- Fixed: Unexpected app behavior when using "Nearest Item" on the Amenities screen.
- Fixed: We now send tokens for hosted web pages, even if the user isn't logged in.
- Fixed: When using Location Sharing, tapping Show on Map took you to the overview map, instead of the map where the person was located.
April 28, 2016 - 2.2.0
- Added: Support for Arabic and Vietnamese.
- Added: Translation updates.
- Fixed: A location-specific crash.
- Fixed: A location-specific issue where it wasn't possible to create Location Sharing accounts.
- Fixed: AppViewer crashed after starting Location Sharing, force closing the app, and then restarting.
- Fixed: AppViewer crashed when Update Profile button was tapped.
- Fixed: Content from other events was showing up on Events detail pages.
- Fixed: It was possible to crash AppViewer by tapping the Share Location button multiple times.
- Fixed: It wasn't possible to view PDFs linked to from AppViewer.
- Fixed: On the Location Sharing friends list, Location headers weren't displaying.
- Fixed: The Search Examples Editor content wasn't appearing in AppViewer.
- Fixed: There was a crash that sometimes happened when switching locations and then immediately tapping the My Location button.
- Fixed: Urban Airship notification deep links weren't working.
- Improved: Location Sharing now works on apps that have multiple locations.
March 18, 2016 - 2.1.0
- Added: Location Sharing analytics.
- Added: Support for Android Marshmallow.
- Added: Support for expandable notifications.
- Added: The Location Sharing feature.
- Fixed: A crash related to tapping Events in specific way.
- Fixed: After logging out of account, the back arrow had to be tapped twice to return to the Featured screen.
- Fixed: AppViewer wasn't rendering characters like apostrophes and quotation marks correctly.
- Fixed: Background color issues when going from the Sample app's Amenities page to AppViewer's login screen.
- Fixed: Bugs related to Location Sharing.
- Fixed: Crash when tapping Directions To Here on placemark info page.
- Fixed: Devices running Android 4.X weren't receiving campaign notifications.
- Fixed: For apps with multiple locations, the Nearest Location distance wasn't accurate.
- Fixed: Image + Text page types weren't loading when they had an external link on AppViewer.
- Fixed: It wasn't possible to open placemark detail pages by tapping the placemark name on the callout.
- Fixed: Level picker was opening to the bottom of the screen and then snapping back to the top.
- Fixed: Minor translation issues.
- Fixed: On a placemark detail page, the back arrow returned to the default map, rather than the map that had been selected.
- Fixed: On Android 6, the app wasn't asking for location permission, prevening the blue dot from showing.
- Fixed: On Android 6.x, tapping a phone number link would cause a crash.
- Fixed: On Android KitKat, the app crashed when tapping the level picker.
- Fixed: Outdated Location preferences note.
- Fixed: Searches for terms that didn't exist never timed out.
- Fixed: Tab View was showing the wrong string for its title.
- Fixed: The app crashed when switching between servers.
- Fixed: The app crashed when the language was set to Turkish.
- Fixed: The app crashed when zooming on a gallery photo, swiping to another photo, and then zooming again.
- Fixed: The app was minimizing when logging out of Account and tapping the back arrow.
- Fixed: The AppViewer icon wasn't appearing in push notifications.
- Fixed: The Create Account link wasn't working.
- Fixed: The Featured Screen image was getting clipped by Android tiles.
- Fixed: The level picker was a big sluggish when opening and closing.
- Fixed: The map wasn't centering on the user's location after tapping Directions/Directions to Here.
- Fixed: The overview map button and level picker were disappearing.
- Fixed: There was no padding when the logo was set to full width.
- Fixed: Various specific white-label app bugs.
- Fixed: When a device slept while a route was plotting, the direction would be obscured by the top Nav after waking the device.
- Fixed: When the Map tab was selected, it would show the first floor, instead of the map with the user's current blue dot location.
- Fixed: When using the level picker to go to an outdoor map, the level picker would disappear when returning to an indoor map.
- Improved: Updates to the AppViewer Sample app.
- Improved: White-label splash screen logos.
November 3, 2015 - 2.0.4
- Fixed: Several minor bugs.
- Improved: Descriptions match Editor formatting.
- Improved: Updated icons for the notification bar (Lollipop and later).
June 25, 2015 - 2.0.0
- Added: Location selection search and browse.
- Added: Support for new Meridian Editor AppMaker features.
- Added: Support for new Meridian Editor Reports feature.
- Improved: UI and visual design.
- Updated: Included Sample app.
- Updated: Meridian SDK.
April 20, 2015 - 1.21.0
- Fixed: Bug involving mailto links.
- Improved: UI buttons.
- Improved: Language support.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.13.11.
March 19, 2015 - 1.20.3
- Added: Zone support.
- Fixed: Bug preventing notifications from resetting.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.13.10.
February 26, 2015 - 1.20.2
- Fixed: Crash bug.
- Improved: Calendar text margins.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.13.9.
February 17, 2015 - 1.20.1
- Fixed: Map name missing from the Map tab.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.13.8.
February 11, 2015 - 1.20.0
- Improved: Hebrew translation support.
- Improved: Support for legacy placemarks in the new SDK.
- Improved: Android push notification opt-out sent to Urban Airship.
- Updated: Meridian 2.13.7.
- Updated: UK English translations.