iOS AppMaker Release Notes
The iOS AppMaker release notes describe recent improvements, fixes, and new features for iOS AppMaker, which includes White-label apps and AppViewer.
Includes White-Label and AppViewer.
October 26, 2017 - 3.9.0
- Fixed: Some events weren't showing up on Pages when they should have been.
- Fixed: The Send Email link was opening View on Map, instead of opening an email.
- Fixed: The AppViewer login error wasn't very friendly. It's more informative now about what went wrong.
- Improved: Updated messaging to clarify how the app uses location services and notifications.
October 10, 2017 - 3.8.1
- Improved: A minor UI issue.
October 10, 2017 - 3.8.0
- Fixed: If a web page couldn't load, there wasn't an error message stating that.
- Fixed: iOS 11 Location Service permission updates.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
August 28, 2017 - 3.7.0
- Fixed: A bug related to internal testing servers.
- Improved: We've replaced deprecated
August 2, 2017 - 3.6.0
- Fixed: A bug causing the Amenities tab to be replaced when Location Sharing was enabled.
- Fixed: A crash related to viewing a Tag on a map or getting directions to it.
- Fixed: An issue related to Nearest search results.
- Improved: Better messaging when a user tries to access an inaccessible location.
- Improved: The "Learn More" link points to a more informative page.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
June 20, 2017 - 3.5.0
- Fixed: Expiring OAuth tokens were causing Location Sharing issues.
- Fixed: In AppViewer, it wasn't possible to search for Tags by label.
- Fixed: Location Sharing links were broken.
- Fixed: Moving to new locations and pages API endpoints.
- Fixed: The Meridian Editor's app sharing link wasn't opening AppViewer.
June 8, 2017 - 3.4.1
- Fixed: Event pages were showing Directions to Here and Show on Map when there was no placemark present.
May 26, 2017 - 3.4.0
- Fixed: It was possible to create routing that would go off the screen.
- Fixed: On some devices, logging in with credentials on the Account screen wouldn't create an account on the Friends screen.
- Fixed: There was an issue preventing the sandbox API from working.
- Fixed: We're no longer querying for unnamed placemarks.
- Fixed: When switching locations the app would sometimes crash.
- Improved: A class related to Location Sharing would fail silently.
- Improved: Much better support for accessibility.
- Improved: Search support for an upcoming feature.
- Improved: Using the REST API endpoints for placemarks and events.
April 20, 2017 - 3.3.0
- Fixed: "Directions to Here" is coming back.
- Fixed: A minor issue with Location Search results.
- Improved: FlightStats has been deprecated.
- Improved: Internal testing tool.
- Improved: The map label now shows app loading activity.
- Improved: We're hiding a new feature until it's ready to be rolled out.
February 23, 2017 - 3.1.0
- Fixed: Event time zones weren't working quite right.
- Fixed: In Location Sharing, the friends list was being carried over from previous account logins.
- Fixed: On Amenities and Search pages, there was an incorrect blue tint being used.
- Fixed: The app handled invalid default maps more gracefully.
- Improved: Directions to Here is now consistently View on Map.
- Improved: In Location Sharing, offline users are sorted to the bottom of the list.
January 27, 2017 - 3.0.0
- Fixed: For routes begun from a detail page, the back arrow/text was still there even after the route had been plotted.
- Fixed: On iPod Touch, descriptions weren't loading on Image + Text pages.
- Fixed: When two placemarks had the same custom name, the app was only showing one of them.
- Improved: Placemark icons now use fill, instead of stroke.
- New: New white-label apps default to using SSL.
- New: Support for an upcoming feature.
- New: White-label apps have a flag to turn on the new blue dot compass.
December 22, 2016 - 2.6.1
- Fixed: In some cases, it wasn't possible for users to update the Location Sharing profile image.
- Fixed: In some cases, the Location Sharing friend list wasn't displaying.
- Fixed: One of the loading spinners was off-center.
- Fixed: The Location Sharing user name was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed: There was a crash on launch.
- Fixed: There was a crash when switching locations.
December 7, 2016 - 2.6.0
- Fixed: Links with custom URL schemes work now.
- Fixed: Location Sharing guest profile images weren't visible.
- Fixed: Placemarks that are associated with map levels wouldn't open when the level callout was tapped.
- Fixed: Some background images were displaying pixelated.
- Fixed: The crashed when View on Map was tapped on hidden placemarks. Hidden placemarks don't show on the map.
- Fixed: The loading spinner sometimes wouldn't animate.
- Fixed: Trying to open a placemark detail page from the map would generate a 'Loading Error'.
- Improved: Event detail pages now have View on Map.
- Improved: Logos look better on Detail pages.
November 4, 2016 - 2.5.0
- Fixed: There was a problem with location search on devices set to non-English languages.
- Improved: Location Sharing profiles now use a single full name field.
- New: iOS 8.0 is the minimum supported version.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.12.0.
September 27, 2016 - 2.4.0
- Fixed: Apps contained translations for unsupported languages.
- Fixed: On the Location Sharing splash screen, there was a color theming mismatch.
- Fixed: There was a crash related to logged-in user profile images.
- Fixed: There were issues when uploading a GIF as a featured image.
- Updated: Meridian SDK 2.11.0.
August 2, 2016 - 2.2.2
- Fixed: AppViewer wasn't keeping track of token expiration dates. It will now proactively refresh the token when it expires.
- Fixed: In German, "Fuß" was used instead of "Meters".
- Fixed: In multi-location apps, it wasn't possible to swipe-to-delete friends from the friends list. This is now possible.
- Fixed: In Portuguese, "pés" was used instead of "metros".
- Fixed: Some of our white-label apps were crashing on opening.
- Fixed: The wrong messaging was being sent when a user attempted to log in without a Wi-Fi connection.
- Fixed: There was a crash when a route had been plotted and the user accepted a share request from someone they'd already shared their location with.
- Fixed: There were times when error conditions would generate an endless spinner.
- Fixed: When manually entering a starting location for a route, the app would crash.
- New: AppViewer now uses the iOS Meridian SDK 2.9.3.
May 20, 2016 - 2.2.1
- Fixed: Events weren't showing the correct time.
- Fixed: Some non-standard URLs weren't opening correctly.
- Fixed: There was a crash issue related to visitor login.
- Fixed: When revoking invitations with a swipe, the app would crash.
- Fixed: When searching events, past events would be shown too.
- Improved: Various minor improvements.
- Updated: Translations.
April 28, 2016 - 2.2.0
- Fixed: 1Password integration was crashing on iPad using iOS 9.2.1.
- Fixed: AppViewer was sometimes crashing on iOS 7.x when interacting with the login fields.
- Fixed: For Location Sharing, friends weren't showing in the Map Picker until their map was selected and loaded.
- Fixed: If a one day event started before 7am, the date/time wasn't showing correctly.
- Fixed: If an app was opened with data disabled, the app wouldn't load content when data was restored.
- Fixed: It wasn't possible to zoom in on images, either singly or in galleries.
- Fixed: On iPhones, the Cancel button wasn't visible when entering a starting point to get directions.
- Fixed: On the Account screen, the More Info section was truncated and inaccessible.
- Fixed: Smoky Tiles weren't displaying correctly if a tile was missing an image URL.
- Fixed: Spaces in phone numbers were rending as
%20in the phone number modal.
- Fixed: The Location Sharing Friends List would crash when revoking invitations and then canceling that action.
- Fixed: There was a screen flicker when swiping right in the Location List.
- Fixed: When sharing was paused, it was still possible to use Show on Map and Get Directions.
- Fixed: White-label builds using AppViewer 2.0.3 would sometimes hang on the splash screen.
- Improved: AppViewer now uses SDK 2.9.0.
- Improved: If you have access to multiple locations, AppViewer now loads the last opened location.
- Improved: There are now "Today" and "Tomorrow" event labels.
- Improved: There is a loading indicator when opening web pages.
- Improved: We've added acknowledgements to AppViewer's Settings.
March 16, 2016 - 2.1.0
- Added: An internal tool to indicate what server is being used by the app.
- Added: iPad Pro icons for Meridian-powered white-label app submissions.
- Added: New Location Sharing feature.
- Fixed: A minor issue causing crashes on iOS 7.
- Fixed: After logging out, it was possible to log back in simply by tapping Log In.
- Fixed: An internal debugging tool caused a crash.
- Fixed: An internal server issue.
- Fixed: For maps without Beacons, tapping "Directions to Here" would close the keyboard before anything could be input.
- Fixed: Grouped lists in iOS were arranged differently than on Android and in the Editor.
- Fixed: Issues related to an upcoming feature release.
- Fixed: It was possible to interrupt a route by interacting with placemarks.
- Fixed: Links to YouTube 360 wouldn't launch in browser mode. Links now open in the YouTube app, if it's installed.
- Fixed: No error message appeared if a webpage couldn't be loaded. Now there is one.
- Fixed: Opening a URL with directions would cause a crash.
- Fixed: Phone links failed to dial because of URL parsing errors.
- Fixed: Tapping a placemark with a default name showed a list instead of the placemark detail page.
- Fixed: Tapping the Overview map button would bring up the Overview map with the directional text still visible.
- Improved: Partial search terms are correlated to what the user taps on. This will make the Editor's Search report more useful.
December 21, 2015 - 2.0.5
- Fixed: Minor bugs.
- Improved: Search report analytics.
November 3, 2015 - 2.0.4
- Added: iOS 9 split screen support.
- Fixed: Crash when opening certain pages from search.
- Fixed: Miscellaneous bugs and improvements.
- Improved: Localization updates.
- Improved: Scrolling performance.
October 14, 2015 - 2.0.3
- Added: Support for iOS 9.
- Fixed: Miscellaneous minor bugs and improvements.
- Improved: Right-to-left localization.
July 30, 2015 - 2.0.2
- Added: Support for multi-day events.
- Added: Support for overview maps.
- Fixed: HTML tags and entities appearing in list descriptions.
- Fixed: iPad rotation issues.
- Fixed: Occasional missing tint colors.
- Fixed: Username/password fields clearing on failed sign-ins.
- Improved: Miscellaneous minor issues and improvements.
June 25, 2015 - 2.0.0
- Added: Location selection search and browse.
- Added: Support for new Meridian Editor AppMaker features.
- Added: Support for new Meridian Editor Reports feature.
- Improved: UI and visual design.
- Updated: Included Sample app.
- Updated: Meridian SDK.
June 18, 2015 - 1.24.2
- Updated: Embedded Meridian SDK to 2.6.7.
May 4, 2015 - 1.24.1
- Added: Crash reporting.
- Fixed: Several translation issues.
- Fixed: Minor bugs.
- Updated: Meridian SDK.
April 20, 2015 - 1.25.0
- Fixed: Google Analytics bug.
April 14, 2015 - 1.24.0
- Fixed: Several minor bugs.
- Fixed: Several translation issues.
- Improved: Analytics reporting.
- Updated: Embedded Meridian SDK to 2.6.6.
March 17, 2015 - 2.0.0
- Added: Flight stats page.
- Added: Campaign reset button.
- Added: Zone support.
- Fixed: Placemark page links with incorrect titles.
- Fixed: "Cannot reach server" error for white-label apps with a custom WHITELABEL_CLOUDSERVER.
- Improved: Design tweaks.
March 3, 2015 - 1.23.0
- Added: Support device registration for Campaign notifications via RTLS zones.
- Fixed: Analytics reporting compatibility issue.
- Fixed: Problem with French translations
February 9, 2015 - 2.0.0
- INITIAL RELEASE.
February 9, 2015 - 1.22.0
- Fixed: Placemark annotations could be mislabeled.
- Fixed: No default map crash.
- Fixed: Restored some missing placemark map icons.
- Improved: Now 64-bit compatible.
- Improved: Translations updated, now including British English.
January 26, 2015 - 1.21.0
- Fixed: Better handling of map callouts during directions.
- Fixed: Better rotation handling.
- Fixed: Campaign session tokens are now sent properly.
- Fixed: Campaign-based notifications now display a "View" button to launch associated content while the app is running.
- Fixed: Displays map title in Map tab header.
- Fixed: Event times are now displayed correctly for non-US time zones and locales.
- Improved: Directions controller now themed to match the rest of the app.
- Improved: Passes any custom editor URL from
MeridianOptions.xmlto the SDK.
- Improved: Placemark style is now the original themed style with a background that works with any map colors.